Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Days 4 & 5

Woke up on day 4 with a slightly dry feeling left eye, I was happy to get the drops in as soon as possible. Other than that everything seemed fine. If anything I think I started taking my new vision for granted and probably pushed it a little bit, read a few chapters of a book and for the first time I had no afternoon nap. Well I've had laser eye surgery, not suddenly become an old aged pensioner!

I washed my hair in the morning on day 4. I sat in the bath and used the shower head as I sat tilting my head back. I got more water on the floor than myself at times it seems but it did the trick. Clean again.

Not wearing make up is starting to frustrate me a little. I don't always wear any, mascara and lip gloss at most really but not even being able to make the effort is getting to me. It's like when I buy new clothes and want to look nice - I've got new eyes and want to go out and make the most of it.

Day 5 my left eye was still feeling a little strange. A little dry. A little blurry up close. I took my dog for a walk and the wind was blowing on my face (I had sunglasses on) and whereas my eye would normally water in the wind, the wind just made my eye feel a little dry. Nothing really to worry about but each time the drops were due I was glad to put them in.

I noticed looking at the cooker clock that my left eye was a little hazy, but only on bright things. The cooker digits are bright green. I wasn't too troubled though because I knew I was going for my check up the next day. Probably overdid it with the computer in the evening, sending emails to my friends to let them know how I'm getting on. I'm taking this all for granted now too much maybe. Time to go back to resting them in the evenings.

I've been getting braver at washing my face in the morning. Instead of just dabbing my face with the water I've gone back to using my soap and toner - but keeping it well clear of my eyes.

On the morning of day 5 I received a letter from Ultralase. It was a coversheet and an information page for me to give to my doctor which detailed the surgery I had undergone. I dropped it in at the doctors and ended up having a chat with one of the nurses about the surgery. She's always thought about having it done and was interested to meet someone who'd only just had it done.

No comments: