Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Laser Eye Surgery - new eyes for 2008

Happy New Year!

I've not posted for ages, yet again. I've been pretty busy though. And my eyes have been perfect for so long now, it just gets boring to keep harping on about it. Brilliant vision, blah blah eh?

I thought I would post though because being the start of 2008 means I'm facing a whole new year without glasses. A new summer with the freedom to remove my (non-prescription) sunglasses and still be able to see. Holidays without worrying about whether I packed enough contact lens solutions.

So how are my eyes 5 months after surgery? Just brilliant. No problems at all.
Has it changed my life? Not immediately no. Having said that, I think it has changed me in many ways.

For example I can't tell you how many times people have told me they would not have the nerve to go through with laser eye surgery. Whether they think I'm brave or stupid I don't care, I just know I am capable of doing something that others could not.

This in turn has led me to look at other areas of my life that I can change to make me happier. I'm not talking about more surgery here, don't start thinking I'm suggesting a Hollywood style makeover with liposuction and a new nose. I am talking about making a concerted effort to get my life headed in the direction I want it to be going in.

Getting rid of my glasses is just the tip of the iceberg for me really. (Does anyone else picture an iceberg wearing glasses when they read that sentence? Weird huh?) Anyway, back on subject... At the risk of sounding like a self-help tape packed with cliches... Life is not a dress rehearsal. If you want something you have to get off your backside and do something about it.

New Year lecture over. Have a great 2008.

No comments: